Monday, January 2, 2012

Interview with Ocean Grove in Brasil

Which song do you have the most fun playing?
John Taylor- I think I like playing “say goodbye” the most.
Can you tell us a little bit about the songs on another place to stay?
The songs are all kind of drawn from life experiences. Stories that show what our lives have been like. Away is a story of two people taking a trip on a whim to escape the daily routine of life.
What's your most embarrassing moment?
John Taylor- I once slipped and fell in the lobby of the hotel while carrying three coffees. It sucked. Bad.
Is there a difference between the American fans and the Brazilian fans?
The brazilian fans seem to have a little more “crazy” (in a good way!!) in them! They are loud and awesome
What was the first song you wrote together?
Our House
What's your favorite memory from Brazil? And how were your experiences around here?
The first time we went sightseeing and exploring around Rio was pretty epic. We had a great day on ipanema beach too.
Ryan, What's it like to be a dad?
Being a dad is awesome in every way, shape and form. I really enjoy making her smile. It makes me feel like the best person alive.
Ryan, What's the difference like when you play for the Jonas Brothers, Ocean Grove and The Rule?
Playing with different bands is something I've always been used to. I grew up playing in clubs and bars starting in early high school. I always had to play with a bunch of different groups to make money. The Jonas gig is incredible because we've been able to make great music and travel the world. The Rule is fun because it gives me a chance to sing lead and play guitar. Ocean Grove is great because I get to write, perform and hang out with my best friends all the time.
Garbo, What was Paris's reaction when you proposed?
I proposed to Paris in a secluded spot in New York City's Central Park. She was completely caught off guard and thought we were just going to have a picnic on a Sunday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and went even better than I had planned.
Garbo, Do you believe in aliens? If so, do you think they're good?
Aliens have to exist somewhere. Movie aliens usually want to destroy us (When Mars Attacks, Alien.) but there are also friendly aliens (Alf, ET.) Not sure which version is closer to the real thing. When i meet Lady Gaga I'll let you know.
What made you want to start the band?
We just wanted a chance to express ourselves a little more, and to have a chance to play some of the music we had been writing. It’s been awesome thus far.
John, How old were you when you learned how to play the guitar? What made you want to be a musician?
I was 13, I had always sang, but I hurt my leg skiing and decided to start playing ­­-guitar b/c I could not walk! I love rock and roll, always have, I never really saw myself doing anything but making rock and roll. I am a lucky guy. ­­­­­­
John, Where did you learn how to skateboard? Are you actually good at it?
I learned years ago and recently picked it back up. My skill level is “decent” 
Jack, Who do you think is the best drummer of all time? After you, of course haha
JOHN BONHAM
Is there a way for the South American fans to meet you guys? Some kind of meet and greet?
We will be hanging out around the venue and the hotel, if you see us, come say hi!
Can you send a message to your Brazilian fans?
We love brazil ¡abrigado!

credits to @TheOceanGrove 

No comments:

Post a Comment